At DCHS our aim is for every adoptable animal to find their true forever family. We want the family that takes them home to be the one they live out their days with. That’s why we have a “Best Fit” adoption process. Our animals have particular needs, and we know that individuals and families do too. One of our favorite things to do is talk with potential adopters about what they are hoping for and what their lifestyle is in order to match them with the cat or dog that would fit in best with their family. You must be age 18 or older to adopt an animal from our facility.
In addition, we ask potential adopters to fill out a short application providing us with veterinary and personal references, employment information, and pet ownership history. Adopters will also need to provide the following:
- a photo ID with current address – If the photo ID does not have the adopter’s current address, the adopter will also need to provide proof of address (a bill, piece of mail, etc.)
- (if renting) a copy of the adopter’s current lease with pet agreement or a signed written note from the adopter’s landlord stating pets are allowed
- (if other pets currently live at home) a copy of all current pets’ rabies certificates
We have a responsibility to each of our animals to match them with adopters that can and will provide lifelong, loving care, including necessary veterinary visits.
If you are interested in adopting please come in and visit us and our animals! We’d love to meet you and talk with you about finding a new family member. You can fill out an adoption application right online and it’ll be sent directly to DCHS’s Adoption Coordinator. If you have any questions, please call us at 920-746-1111 or email email@example.com for dog-related inquiries or firstname.lastname@example.org for cat-related inquiries.
Our adoption fees are as follows:
- Kittens (under 6 months): $90.00
- Cats (6 months to 8 years): $45.00
- Senior Cats (over 8 years): Donation
- Cats (Bonded Pairs): $75.00
- Puppies: $200.00
- Dogs: $200.00
- Kittens (under 1 year): $100.00
- Cats (1 year-8 years): $50.00
- Cats (over 8 years): $25.00
We hope to see you soon!