First of all, you can donate to DCHS! There are three ways that you can do this:
- Visit us at our location. We are located at 3475 County PD, Sturgeon Bay, WI 54235
- Visit our webpage at www.doorcountyhumanesociety.org and click on the “Donate” button to make a donation
- Mail us a donation. Address the envelope to Door County Humane Society, P.O. Box 93, Sturgeon Bay, WI 54235
Do you like to shop online? If so, you will love the sound of this! DCHS is registered on Amazonsmile. Amazonsmile is the same Amazon that you know with all of the same products, same prices, and same services. The great part about it is Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible Amazonsmile purchases to the charitable organization of your choice. This is how it works…
- Go to www.smile.amazon.com
- You will then be asked to make an account. This takes about a minute. All you will be asked for is your name, email and password
- Once you have created your account, it will then ask you to search for the charity of your choice
- Type in “Door County Humane Society” and then click “Select” next to the Door County Humane Society, and you’re all set
- Start shopping at www.smile.amazon.com
- Every quarter, Amazon deposits the proceeds from our Amazonsmile account directly into our bank account
DCHS Amazon Wish List
The Door County Humane Society has updated our wish list on Amazon. This method is a great way to donate to DCHS without ever having to leave your home! This list is current and requests the items that we use and need on a regular basis to keep all of our four-legged friends happy and healthy. This great opportunity requires hardly any time and has a great impact on the shelter. Whenever an unexpected package shows up at the shelter, it feels like Christmas! All you have to do is…
- Go to www.amazon.com, or www.smile.amazon.com if you have designated DCHS as your Smile charity
- Click on the dropdown arrow next to the “Your List” button on the right side of the page
- On the drop-down menu, click on “Find A Wish List Or Registry”
- In the wish list search bar, type in “Door County Humane Society”
- You can then select one or many items that DCHS has on our list
- These items will be directly shipped to DCHS
Every time you search for something on the internet, you could be providing funds to DCHS. Yes! You heard right! goodsearch is an online search engine that helps to support many nonprofits, and DCHS is one of them. Every time you search for something online through the goodsearch search engine, a penny is donated to the charity of your choice. And we all know that every penny counts! Once a year, the goodsearch organization then tabulates the totals of what each organization has accumulated and provides each organization with their earnings. By taking five minutes to make an account and setting goodsearch as the default search engine on your computer, you can continually help support DCHS and all the animals that currently call DCHS home. Here is how to set up goodsearch…
- Go to www.goodsearch.com
- Click the” Join Now” button on the right side of the screen
- Set up an account with your name, email and password
- You will then be asked to choose a cause. Type in “Door County Humane Society”
- After you create your account, goodsearch will send you an email prompting you to verify your account. Go to your email and follow the directions in it to make sure it is set up correctly
- Once your account is verified, set this search engine as the default search engine on your computer and start clicking away in support of DCHS
Once you have signed up, you can also use this account to shop online and get great deals that will further benefit DCHS. The goodsearch company has a goodshop option. This option lets you shop online and get fantastic deals while simultaneously helping your charity of choice. This is how it works: the account you created with goodsearch will be used when you shop on goodshop. With almost every purchase, goodshop will donate to your selected charity at no extra cost to you.
Green Door Thrift
Is it time to get organized? That probably means clearing out your kitchen/living room/closet, etc. of the things you no longer use. GREEN DOOR THRIFT in Sturgeon Bay is looking for furniture, household items, clothing, shoes and more. What’s unique about GREEN DOOR THRIFT is that when one of your donated items sell, 10% of the sale will be given to the charity of your choice! DCHS is one of those charities, so please, go through your home and bring those items you no longer need to Green Door Thrift, at 1300 Egg Harbor Road, Sturgeon Bay inside of the Cherry Point Mall. Be sure to mention DCHS as your charity of choice.
Aluminum Cans for DCHS…
Who doesn’t have a bag of aluminum cans sitting in their garage that they need to dispose of. If this applies to you, let us take them off your hands! Located in DCHS’s parking lot is a large green trailer just waiting to be filled to the brim with soda and beer cans. Once the trailer is full, we are able to turn in the cans and receive money for them. So please bring us your cans and simultaneously help us raise funds to aid our DCHS animals. How easy is that? Plus, an anonymous donor will match the monetary value of all the cans we turn in!
…and Other Recyclables
In addition to aluminum cans, you can also donate other unwanted materials! We have a small green dumpster at the end of our driveway where you can drop off metal goods like copper, stainless steel, or even glass. (The only caveat is we can’t take metals that will stick to a magnet.) And, just like with the aluminum cans, an anonymous donor will match the monetary value of all recycled goods.
Econofoods provides DCHS and other organizations with the opportunity to collect Econofoods receipts and receive 1% of the total back. So please save all of your Econofoods receipts and bring them in or send them to DCHS. Once we have a nice pile, we have one of our volunteers total them up and bring them into Econofoods. We then are given our 1% of the grand total, which helps to take care of our many furry babies in house!
Sometimes we need a little extra motivation to get outside and get moving, that’s where the Walk for a Dog app from WoofTrax can help! When you get out and enjoy the great outdoors with your dog, take the Walk for a Dog app with you and everyone wins! Walk for a Dog is a simple, year-round fundraising app designed to promote healthy activity between dogs and their owners, and raises money every day to support your favorite shelter.
The more people actively walking with the free Walk for a Dog app, the greater the donation to DCHS! Use the app each time you grab for the leash. It’s healthy for you, your dog, and your favorite shelter!
Don’t just take your dog for a walk…Take your Walk for a Dog!
Be a part of DCHS’s main entrance walkway!
The walkway to DCHS’s front entrance contains bricks with personalized tributes. These bricks provide the opportunity to memorialize, recognize, and honor family members, businesses, friends and loving pets.
A gift of $100.00 will fund a 4″ x 8″ personalized brick
To fill out a brick order form, click here.
Many employers sponsor annual workplace giving campaigns through which employees can make arrangements to have payroll deductions given to charity. Others will make a gift in honor of an employee’s volunteer service hours. There are many ways local businesses support local nonprofits including DCHS. Please ask your employer if your company participates in these programs and, if not, encourage your employer to give back through workplace giving.
Many generous employers in the Door County Community encourage charitable contributions by matching your gift dollar-for-dollar. Check with your company to find out if they offer this great opportunity!
Company Grants for Volunteer Service
Some employers will give grants to organizations where their employees volunteer. Ask your employer if this is available to you and how you can take advantage of this opportunity to help the many animals that call DCHS home.